10 Signs You Should Invest In Content
One may think…Is content a highly overrated topic? Isn’t every site, every conference and every brand creating a little too much noise on content? Why does every blog keep stressing about professional content – especially when I write so well, who needs professional help to move some words and commas around? A lot of B2B, B2C businesses emphasize and invest on the need of fresh and updated content. But what is it that they see in this form of investment as opposed to those who don’t? If you begin to feel that your own content is stalling and fails to get the estimated ROI, it probably means the “content strategy” needs to be revisited. Let’s travel through 10 signs that tell you it’s time to invest in some good quality content.
- FOMO (Fear of Missing Out!)- In this context, it is safe to use the metaphor that updated content is the beating heart of every business. Content influx stops and boom! The sales graph goes down and business goes south. Why? Content is the catalyst to generate leads, sales and is the foundation to attract customers or clients.
- Many balls to juggle at a time– Meetings, product development, marketing strategies, social media, sales pitch…all are to be batted well at the same time, isn’t it? So whether it’s a startup or an ever-growing business, it eventually becomes difficult to focus on every aspect of the business. While you are focusing on the more important problem areas, leave content to a professional writer.
- SEO is suffering – Ever wondered why your product/service page isn’t getting the desired number of site hits? Without SEO rich content, it is difficult to gain traffic and higher ranking on Google. Google loves relevant content and so should you! Hence, leave it to the experts who know the SEO way of wooing google!
- Are you popular on Social Media? – Check your followers, likes, comments and shares. If this instantly sends alarming signals to your grey cells, step back and think. What could you possibly do wrong? Ineffective messages, bad content, infrequent updates? Jump on the bandwagon, let the content expert chart out your all important social media strategy, keeping in mind demographics, buying habits and all else relevant to your brand and business.
- The misery of saturation level – “I can’t possibly think of a new way to sing praises about my product/brand”, “May be I will write a blog tomorrow” – are all signs that you are officially brain-fried and bored! Procrastination is the enemy of good content. You probably posted more when you had the time, but now the saturation level has reached. No matter what you do, beyond this point, you cannot think of innovative ways to attract attention. In such cases, what you may come up with possibly has the risk of inefficiency attached to it. Remember, content isn’t a one-time burst; it is a continuous process of churning out interesting narratives.
- Statistics say – Content Marketing costs 62% less than Outbound Marketing, i.e. ads, promotional messages. Stats also say, content marketing generates 3x times as many leads as outbound marketing. Convinced yet? Facts state that social media, blogs, search engines are the top places where users get all their information from – care to post much?
- When there is less audience engagement – Experienced writers make few errors and know how to achieve high readability content. They have the knack and years of relevant experience to evoke the right emotion, draw targeted interest, encourage cumulative interest and drive engagement.
- When the CTA is ineffective – In most cases, all the traffic to your website brings potential customers. Now consider an email, blog, article that is so convincing that readers are compelled to hit the CTA (Click-To-Action) button. If viewers don’t even bother reading your content, they will never subscribe or purchase. Subsequently the sales will go spiraling down. So, do not disappoint your prospective customer after they land on your website. Be in control and use the best possible language, best visual treats and interesting effects to keep them lured. Remember, once gone, it will become that much more difficult to lure them back from their first bad experience.
- Lack of credibility – Churning out high quality articles helps expand the business. Yes, this is a slow process but with some groundbreaking customer engagement via dialogues, articles, you accelerate the process of earning trust and credibility for your business.
- When the core message fails to reach the audience – Is the focus of your niche being skewed? This is because your content focus is divided in too many aspects of brand marketing. This is only going to leave your customers confused. Sometimes too much information is boring. Skilled content writers ensure that focus is not shifted from the niche and provide updated information on your product/brand/service speciality.
If content takes back seat, the foundations of a responsive business become crippled eventually. When asking yourself why, remember that a content writer will give you high ranking in SEO, effective consumer engagement, time and peace of mind. These should be enough to convince anyone about keeping positions open for experienced content writers in their business!